My success here is only partial. I did manage to paint a legal 1000 point Empire army in a month, which was my original stated intention. However, the finished product is not the same as the one I announced at the beginning. I realised pretty early on that my original target was overly ambitious, and there was no way I was ever going to get it done. I kept painting however, and about a week ago I decided that I could still hit the 1000 point mark if I just reshuffled my target a bit. So out went a couple of characters and 20 Free Company, and in came a Great Cannon and a couple of magic items.
|My completed 1000pt Stirland force. Excuse the poor picture; I was in a hurry this morning|
- Wizard Lord (Level 3) with Talisman of Endurance, Warrior Bane (oh yeah, baby! The weakest of magic weapons for the fighter least deserving to get one)...
- Warrior Priest with great weapon, Armour of Meteoric Iron
- 42 Halberdiers with full command
- 16 Crossbowmen with standard bearer
- 5 Pistoliers with musician, outrider with repeater pistol
- Great Cannon
TOTAL: 996 points