Monday 18 July 2022

Ready to Grumble

Somehow it's been nearly a month since my previous post. I don't really understand where the time goes anymore. All I know is that I just can't keep up. I'm clearly getting old.

Anyway, it's time for a hobby update. I haven't been posting, but I have been painting. Slowly. Painfully slowly. As if there were any other way! I actually no longer know where I'm at in terms of the slow grow schedule. My gut tells me I'm still behind, because my efforts to catch up with the longbeards were far too slow. Regardless, I am at least still making progress.

The longbeards are done. I say that, but I guess what I really mean is that I've done the 24 that I originally set out to paint as the unit. It wouldn't hurt to have more, and I could always just print more... But I think I'd need a specific reason to do that. For now, this is the unit.

24 Kyoushuneko longbeards, in a fairly fetching combination of yellow and turquoise. Well, I like it anyway. It's getting harder to find new colour schemes for new units in this army.

I have also painted a runesmith, given the only one I've done up until now in the slow grow is stuck on an anvil. I painted this guy before the last group of longbeards, just because I needed a break.

He does have static grass on his base now. This photo just got in first.

With these new additions, my slow grow army is really doing pretty well. I tallied up about 2400 points with no runic items on anyone except Ungrim, who comes with them built in if I use him as his proper self. Pete is keeping pace with his Vampire Counts, but I think he's running out of things he really cares to paint at the moment. Tim is sort of playing catch-up with his Bretonnians, given he works in brief spurts rather than chipping away like I do. We've pretty much left everyone else behind, whether they're still working or not. I have a suspicion that this growth is going to ease up or peter out soon. That being the case, I'm going to focus on a couple of things I want to make sure I get painted during the challenge, like an old 4th edition flame cannon. I'm already very happy with which I've ticked off. From here on, everything really feels like a bonus.

If I do move on from the Dwarfs, there are some other things clamoring for my attention. Chief among them is the Goblins, who need a few models prepared before we can kick off the next stage off the long-stagnated Gob-Off. It is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment