Over the weekend I managed to make a bit more progress with the stuff I am working on for the Orcs and Goblins. First up was the salvaged Wyvern. After building a basic shape for his neck out of wire and green stuff, I was able to sit down for an hour or two on Friday night and add most of the detail. A brief bit of fiddling at the club on Saturday saw me add some horns and clean up a few things, and the Wyvern himself is basically finished...
|One scaly Wyvern neck. Not identical to the existing parts, but close enough.|
|The horns on top of the head came from an Orc standard. The ones near the mouth are from an Ogre standard.|
|Some bits are a little rough, but if they can't be addressed with paint, I'll deal with them later.|
|The shoulder scales are different from those on the back and neck - it's the way the original model did it. Not sure why, but it was easiest to follow suit.|
|Now he just needs a rider...|
After finishing up the details on the Wyvern and fidgeting with making a removable saddle, I spent a couple of hours starting work on the unpainted Arachnarok. The howdah and goblins have all been carted off by a friend who was going to spray them all brown for me with an airbrush (to try to help my sanity a bit this time around). In the meantime I focused on the spider.
|I converted this Arachnarok a while back so that its pose was different from the other one, and does away with the fallen tree on the back of the base.|
|There are still some details, but I think he's basically done. The paint-job looks much more muted and less purple in real life. Really the model is predominantly black.|
|The spines to help break up the colour a bit.|