Wednesday 23 October 2013

Warhammer World Series update

It's now just over 3 weeks until the Warhammer World Series, and preparations have been moving along pretty slowly. Despite a great many people expressing boundless enthusiasm for the event, we still only have 17 paid players as I write this. This won't even cover the cost of the hall, so it makes it hard to make other plans.

As an added incentive to get people to pay up, I will be increasing the cost of entry from $40 to $50 on November 1st. Anyone who wants to sign up after that will be paying a premium rate for making my life harder than it has to be...

We're still only part-way through writing up lists and matching them up, but hopefully in the next couple of days I will be in a position to publish some of the pairings so that people can have a look-see. Watch this space...

5 comments:

  1. Sad to hear that there haven't been many people putting their money where their mouth is on this one, was a blast last year.

    Aside from armies & terrain (trust me when I say you don't want what I have), is there anything I can do aside from spreading the word to assist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. You backed up your enthusiasm by signing up good and early. If everyone else was so efficient, things would be a whole lot easier for tournament organisers.

      Delete
  2. Sir, you shall receive mine dollars, forty in number, on the day of Saturn, as arranged by prior communiqué.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed there is some merit to the suggestion that you shall get them this eventide perchance.

      Delete
    2. That would be better - I can't make it on Saturday...

      Delete