Sunday 21 July 2019

Something stirs...

My poor blog, what has become of you? 

How can so much time have passed since my last update?

I believe I can do better.

Recently things have started to look up, hobby-wise. I've played a fair amount of Kings of War Vanguard, and still quite like the system. I've recently attended another tournament and taken enough photos to ensure I will feel obliged to post a tournament report. And in the lead-up to that, I was actually painting Orc archers/arrer boyz/skulks...

I've never actually painted an Orc archer before. I have plenty of them, but I've never loved the models (they're ridiculously huge, for starters. They simply don't rank up). And they've never felt like an important inclusion in my armies. But Tim was borrowing my Orcs for Convic and I told him I'd get some Skulks ready. Not many, as it turns out. But I'm happy enough with these that I'm now making noises about painting some more. A regiment of 30 would be great...

It felt good to be making progress with a paintbrush again, even if everything takes far longer than I choose to remember. But keeping at it and prioritising models over other things is also a step in the right direction.

The other thing that I really do need to do something about is that several people keep making noises about wanting to play Warhammer again. I also want to play Warhammer again. I'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

  1. You can hobby at your own pace, but it's good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there is "at your own pace" and there is doing nothing at all... Let's hope for the first rather than the second.

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you again, excited as ever for more of your reports ;D

    Cheers on getting some dudes finished up, always a good feel to get a little momentum going. Arrers look good, if indeed huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEYOND thrilled at another resurgence of posts here. Especially if you do get back into Warhammer, too.

    Interestingly, Age of Sigmar just introduced a list-building system that resembles the Convic approach, only subdivided across turns instead of games. Not that I'd expect you to convert, but it does provide a new level of tactical complexity in a game that used to eschew points entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be Warhammer. Of that I am certain.

      It's good that GW realised that people were actually looking for some complexity in their games, although probably to varying degrees. Just hard to believe they thought it unnecessary to begin with, really.

      Delete
    2. Exactly! My wifr still loves to faux-innocently exclaim "I thought there weren't points in Age of Sigmar!" whenever a new book or faq comes out.

      Delete
    3. Almost like she remembers someone raging about how ridiculous it was that there were indeed no points...

      Delete
  4. Sweet your back. Warhammer seems to be getting a revival in quite a few places now. It’s great news and looking forward to seeing what comes from your end.

    ReplyDelete