Tuesday 7 March 2023

More Gyrocopters

 <Ride of the Valkyries intensifies>

It's been a while since my last post, but I've finally pushed the Gyrocopters off the painting table. Technically I didn't quite achieve what I set out to, as I had 4 of them there in the batch and only completed 3. The other has only had the metals painted, but I felt like these were really starting to get in the way of making progress elsewhere, and given I now have 5 painted Gyrocopters, there was not a lot of urgency with the last one. So I caved and moved him out of the way so that I can move onto something more relevant.

3 more Gyrocopters, all of them on thick resin bases for a bit of stability and brass rods of different heights for a bit of variety 
This is the third actual GW Gyrocopter I've painted, and the second of this particular model. I've tried to make each one a clearly different main colour in case I need to be able to tell the difference in game (and because bright colours are good)

The other Gyrocopters are both 3d printed from Kyoushuneko, and I was really happy when I found the models because they do feel like a compatible vibe with the older GW ones I favour (as opposed to the more modern ones that look like Dr Robotnik's bathtub)
This guy is practically boring and browny in terms of his colour scheme (although the main colour is actually orange), but at least he carries a bright red stick of dynamite.
Each of the Gyrocopters I printed has a different pilot and different weapons on the machine. I like that, given it caters to some of the options GW added in the 8th edition book (like changing the steam gun to something more like this)
Another Kyoushuneko entry. This guy flies pretty low to the ground, making the model nice and stable
This guy's guns seem slightly excessive, but who am I to judge?

At this point I'm shifting away from Dwarfs. These guys were kind of a hangover from the slow grow. There are still other things I'd like to get painted for the Dwarfs, but I'm not likely to use them much in the near future, so that pushes them down the priority list. There's another 6th edition tournament at the start of April, and I'm hoping to use it as motivation to give my High Elves some love - they've not really had a lot in the last decade. I really need some updated Silver Helms, so I'll try to start with that.

1 comment: