Sunday 26 March 2023

On the path to Uprising

This coming weekend, I am heading to Ballarat for a one-day 6th edition tournament called Uprising. Seems like about 40 players will be attending, which is a good number and about all they could fit anyway. I toyed with the idea of taking High Elves and using it as motivation to try to get some more silver helms painted, but in the end I decided to take Cult of Slaanesh instead.

Cult of Slaanesh is a variant Dark Elf list from the Storm of Chaos campaign book, and uses certain Dark Elves blended with a selection of Mortal Chaos and Daemon choices (all with a Slaaneshi flavour). It was a pretty exciting list when it first appeared, and I think a lot of us considered trying to make an army without actually managing to make it happen. Well, this is my moment. I had just enough painted Dark Elves and Daemons lying around to make a viable list - I just need a couple of extra characters. I've already painted up a Druchii Anointed, and have started work on the Sorceress to lead my army.

My Druchii Anointed, who is basically an angry sorcerous Daemon Elf with the offensive stats of a Chaos Lord.
The model is a conversion you used to see a lot, of a Slaanesh hero with the head from the old "boobworm" rider.
Given my Anointed wields a great weapon, I managed to find a suitable sword from the plastic Executioner set. Then I had to murder the model to chop off his elbows and sort of re-craft them from wire and greenstuff. He's a little bit rough, but he does what I need him to. And he has a stupid big sword. That's important.

The list I ended up with is actually kind of similar to what I was toying with for the High Elves, but honestly it's a bit softer. The High Elves were loaded with Dragon Princes, Silver Helms and chariots, whereas here we have squishy Daemonettes and slightly questionable Devoted and Cold One Knights. The Anointed is frightening (and slightly crazy in terms of his gear), but his backup is a little thin.

  • Druchii Anointed (Level 2 Dark Magic) with Great Weapon, Shield, Blood Armour, Quickening Blood, Pendant of Slaanesh. Tome of Furion
  • Sorceress (Level 2 Slaanesh Magic) with Mark of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll
  • Noble on Cold One with Chaos Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Seal of Ghrond
  • Sorceress (Level 2 Dark Magic) with Darkstar Cloak
  • 9 Cold One Knights with Full Command, Banner of Murder
  • 14 Devoted of Slaanesh with Full Command
  • 10 Warriors with Mark of Slaanesh, Repeating Crossbow, Light Armour
  • 10 Warriors with Mark of Slaanesh, Repeating Crossbow, Light Armour
  • 5 Mounted Daemonettes
  • 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
  • 10 Daemonettes 
  • 5 Chaos Furies

I've played 2 practice games with this army, and lost both of them. I have high hopes - this is certain to go well!

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to have list variants like this one, without a needlessly large, super expensive rulebook... Looking forward to seeing the full army !

    ReplyDelete