Monday 20 February 2012

New gallery!

Well, despite my lack of blog updates over the last week, my efforts to paint all of my Knights Snow Leopard have continued. As is always the case, I find that my progress is depressingly slow. I broke the 21 Knights into 2 groups - the first of 11, the second of 10. I figured those would be manageable batches for painting, although now I am wondering whether 3 groups of 7 would not have been better.

Anyway, after several sittings (totaling maybe 8 hours) I still have not finished the first batch. They're getting there, but they still have a way to go. Here is how they currently look:
11 Knights Snow Leopard, looking mostly painted
The purple, white and armour are done on these guys. They have a basecoat on the gold details, but that will require 2 highlights. Then there is the skin and facial hair on the faces that are showing, before I have to move on to the horseflesh and saddles. In truth, they're not that far from done. But when I know I have another 10 to do before the end of the month, it feels like my progress is painfully slow.

In other news, as the title of this post suggests, I have added a new Gallery section to the blog. You can find a link to it in the header bar, or you can go directly to it from here.

Noakes organised a photo session at the club over the weekend, and Liam and Adam kindly volunteered their time and cameras (thanks guys!) to try to get some decent shots of everyone's models in the less-than-optimal conditions that could be arranged. The shots of the stuff I brought along are in the gallery, although I thought I would include a couple below as a teaser...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment