It is somehow about 6 years since I last got around to pulling all my Empire stuff out for a family photo, and given I've just got a new phone with an allegedly better camera, it seemed like a reasonable time. I have not spent that whole time adding to the army, of course - but I have painted an entire Nuln contingent, as well as adding things like the Landship, the start of a red and yellow Talabecland contingent, some more Empire Ogres (so they now function better as an army of their own), and sundry other things. This also marks the first time the whole army has been on adapters so that they're based for Old World. Believe me, that has been an ordeal...
So realistically that's something like 23,000 points of stuff, although to use it all in Old World means a couple of proxies and chopping the army up into separate lists (Ogres, Nuln, White Wolves etc).
As a comparison in terms of camera behaviour, I also pulled out my old DSLR and did my best to get a decent shot where I had more control over the settings. Unsurprisingly, a 14 megapixel camera struggles to compete with one that claimes to be 200. Everything is a bit softer, even if the colour balance might be better.
Below was what I got when I told the phone it was allowed to take the photo in crazy HD. The result was a 40mb file that you could zoom in on pretty hard, but when you do zoom in on it (as seen in the photo after it), things look a bit weird.
I'm not sure how much AI processing is going into the larger photos, but I think it's fair to say that it's not none.
I made sure I took a couple of extra photos whilst things were out, just because getting it all out and set up is a headache. So here are a couple of other angles.
I still need to do something about a proper backdrop (ideally one that can wrap around the sides of a 6 foot table). But for now that's still on the "one day" pile.
Very impressive. Something to be proud of!
ReplyDelete